Monday, July 17, 2006

Mixed Emotions

So my department at work had a big event last week. As most who visit this blog know, I am looking at making a change and anticipate it happening in the next two to three months... if all goes well. I'll not go into the awful details as to why I am making this change but it doesn't have anything to do with the clients or the mission of the organization. The organization is a good one and my clients are great as well. In the last 2.5 years I've come to realize that I've done a pretty good job of making important connections in the community. In fact, I feel that I have only just scratched the surface. I really hit my stride at the event last week and it sometimes pains me to think how effective I could be if I could find a way to stick with my current employer. Alas, this is not an option as my instincts for self-preservation rightly over-ride my pride with doing a good job for a bunch of leaders that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! Alas, I must move on, least the cognitive dissonance between the current leadership and my work style place, me, my family, and my professional career at risk. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I could have really made a big splash in my third year. Oh well.

6 comments:

Aunt Eliz said...

The splash we make is never as satisfying as we hope it to be without a touch of appreciation or joining in celebration from our so called leaders. So, no regret to be had...those who cannot tell their ass from a whole in the ground are the same people who are too busy worrying about how they look in their bathingsuits to appreciate or celebrate a great splash.

Nate said...

There are few things cooler than working for a boss you believe in.

Nate said...

..and you put up a link to your sister's blog...

now I gotta play nice

Cyber D said...

How so? Well, you might have to play nice on my blog but you don't have to play nice on yours... :)

Nate said...

I meant on her blog ;)

Cyber D said...

gotcha