Monday, February 05, 2007

Rock and Roll All Night


What a year of the football. My favorite team recently announced an exciting new minority head coach, my favorite quarterback made it to the Super Bowl and single-handidly won the game and then deservedly was anointed the mantel of MVP, placing him amongst the greats of football-all-time. Move over Uncle Rico, there's a new sheriff in town!

It was happy-fun-time a the cyber-home last night. I had a few family members over for a laid back get-together. Little did we know we would rock the house down! We sent the kid to bed early with no dinner so we could get down to the importance of football ASAP (that stands for As Soon As Possible in case you didn't know).

When the game kicked-off things looked bleak, as the football freak of nature ran one back for a TD (that stands for Touchdown in case you didn't know) in the first 14 seconds of the game. Luckily Manning rifled a TD pass to Reggie Wayne before I had a chance to kick the chair out from under my feet. My wife untied the rope from the rafters and I got down in time to watch D.Rhodes rumble, bumble, and stumble for massive yardage. Luckily Peyton taught him everything he knows.

That's when the party really started to hop! We decided to listen to the game through the surround system so we could take the party to the streets without missing a minute of the action. My neighbor only called the cops once but that wasn't for the noise. I guess some people don't appreciate roman candles rocketing off of their dining room windows.

The dog got painted all red by the end of the game but the party wouldn't stop for another hour. It would have gone all night but we ran out of rubbing alcohol and we were only able to set fire to my front lawn. I had hoped it would start a chain reaction of grass-fires as a tribute to the greatness of Peyton Manning but the local fire-department was such a buzz-kill.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that the most deserving team won the game. Feel free to blogment with your own Super Bowl celebration story!

Love to football!

14 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dagromm said...

Damn, I wish I was invited.

Cyber D said...

Hey Gyuss, I'm sorry I accidentally deleated your comment about Peyton. I totally agree with you. He really is the most manly man I've ever seen.

Dags, I appreciate your envy. The wait list was extensive so I'm sure you understand!

Nate said...

Edited? I've been edited?

Who am I? The Q?

Cyber D said...

Whatever do you mean, Gyuss? That was an innocent mistake.

Long live the greatness of Peyton!

Q said...

No Gyuss I was completely censored, that is totally different from edited. CyberD accidentally deleted your post and then let everyone know, that missed your comment, what you had said. CyberD deletes my comment and then distances from it.

Over at the Corner we don't censor or edit anyone, you should stop by some time...

fringes said...

Is the coach exciting or is he a minority? He cannot be both.

Cyber D said...

fringes, I hadn't heard those were mutually exclusive. Are you sure about that?

Q, we do not censor at The Wheel. We simply adjust content to be more in-line with concurrent beliefs established by the current administration.

fringes said...

Not mutually exclusive, no. I was trying to make a point that now sounds all like I'm editing your post and correctign you, so I should stop that right now. Carry on. He's exciting. He's a minority. Go on with what you were saying.

Nate said...

Free speech, beatches!

Attica! Attica!

Nate said...

Tony Dungy is a minority?

Like my hero, Stephen Colbert, I'm unable to see color.

Cyber D said...

I wasn't refering to T-Dung, Gyuss. I was refering to the new head coach of the Steelers. They are my favorite team. Peyton is just my favorite quarterback.

Oh and regarding the free speech... Please submit a TPS form to managment so they can review your request and forward the application to the appropriate channels for denial.

Nate said...

That's it!

I'm headed over to Seriously's blog where free speech rulez!

Dagromm said...

Does this blog still exist?