Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Football time in the city!


Well the 4th annual MOBFL draft is over and I must say that the Sports Donkey Lollipop Buffet has once again crafted a team worthy of pig skin glory! I'm proud to say that the Q and I still reign supreme on draft day. Unfortunately The Tasty Q couldn't make it to the MOBFL draft this year. When I asked him why, he refused to give me a straight answer and only muttered something about an archeologist and a billionaire. Anyway, here is the round by round results of the hard work put forth by our team hence forth referred to as the SDLB.

Round 1 - This was a no brainer. We had the second pick in the draft and while we toyed with the idea of trading up for the number one pick, we decided to not sacrifice anything that wasn't necessary. As part owner and Q's proxy, I drafted Steven Jackson, Running Back extraordinaire. He will put up some monster numbers and with points per reception now being added to the scoring system, we have the secret weapon that others will envy.

Round 2 - Twenty picks had gone by and all of the stud Running Backs were gone. The top flight Quarterback was taken early in Round 1 and the run on QBs had begun. But the choice wasn't easy. After this next pick, a single owner would have the benefit of picking twice before I could pick again in Round 3. Should I draft the next best QB on the board or should I grab the best RB still available? I decided that value at RB was beginning to get murky but there was still a clear choice on the best QB available. I drafted Drew Brees feeling that he was next in line to those that went before him, such as Palmer, Manning, and Brady.

Round 3 - My choice was the correct one as the before mentioned owner drafted the touchdown machine: Marion Barber as well as Donovan McNabb. Barber's a nice pick but others can perform equally. On the other hand, the QB tier drops after Brees and McNabb is no Brees. I feel that had I waited on Brees he would not have been there. Now I look for the best clear RB starter available and it is Brandon Jacobs of the NYG.

Round 4 - Copious amounts of top flight wide outs go in this round and I am not surprised that few are left. There is still one undeniable stud and I take Javon Walker and pray that his QB doesn't meltdown.

Round 5 - Running Backs are looking terrible now so I draft another unequivocal starter and am thankful that what may be left are all teams that run RB's by committee. I take Caddilac and don't look back.

Round 6 - With only one wide out on my team it's clear where I need to go next and due to my dedication in picking quality RBs I'm getting nervous. Time to look for a #1 WR on a winning team. Darrell Jackson was already taken but he's now in San Fran. His Seattle replacement is available and I take Deion Branch.

Round 7 - We had some piss poor running last year and I'm determined to pull out all the stops. With some really great RB's secured I feel it is still not enough. I see one unequivocal starter still available and while he plays for the crappy Oakland Raiders, he's showed brilliance in the past. I draft LaMont Jordan and hope for a little "return to glory" action.

Round 8 - I can't believe a kicker hasn't been drafted yet. Most people discount their value but someone always beats me to the best one. Not this year. I break the kicker seal and draft Adam Vinatieri.

Round 9 - With my RB core filled out and a good stable of WR locked up I return my attention to QB. Brees is a young stud who should play well but a sold back-up is always good. Better yet, how about another super-power young QB. I draft Jake Delhomme and am surprised he is still available.

Round 10 - I'm making a run on WR's now and I see another go-to guy in Jacksonville. I draft Matt Jones

Round 11 - Things are still looking bleak in Wide Receiver territory and the RB situation is even worse. So I snag a possible emerging star and tandem wide out to my Drew Brees in Devery Henderson, the #2 WR in New Orleans.

Round 12 - I look back and I am pleased with my work. The last time I felt such calm and lack of hurriedness was when I took my team to the fantasy Superbowl. Could this year see more of the same? With a back-up kicker like Olindo Mare, I can't imagine any other outcome.

Round 13 - I never draft a defense this early but things feel pretty good amongst my other positions and a solid Defense is still available. I draft the Jags.

Round 14 - With arguably one of the best RB cores in this draft, I have flexibility to take a risk. I draft A. Peterson from Chicago as a back-up RB with a chance at greatness.

Round 15 - Is usually garbage time. But there is actually still a go-to WR for his team available. Granted, it's the Raiders (and I never thought I would draft two Raiders) but he's a number one and I'm not sacrificing much value taking him as my last pick. Welcome to the SDLB, Jerry Porter.

That's it. You read it here first. Now only fortune and glory remain to be achieved!

P.S. I don't want to hear shit about the spelling of names. I don't give a hairy rats ass.

11 comments:

Q said...

I am happy with our team especially our top two RB's.

But to give you a little bit of information Lamont Jordan isn't the number one in Oakland and after week 4 we will be lucky if he splits carries.

Javon Walker's QB shouldn't be our worry the injury this pre-season to his twice before surgically repaired knees are the real issue.

Just my two cents CyberD, but all in all good work!

Tera said...

Hmmm...so a rat's ass is hairy?

heather said...

I don't want to hear shit about the spelling of names. I don't give a hairy rats ass.

best damn line in this post.

i take it you're into football, huh?
i dated a tight end for 6 years but that's as close as i ever got to paying any attention to the game.

Nate said...

Hey, blow-by-blow draft reports are BORING! Write me a story about how you picked up women

Susan said...

I followed this amazingly well. It appears to be some good picks though. Good luck!

Cyber D said...

Q, the hot knife of your truth cuts through the cold butter of my heart!

tera, a fuzzy too!

heather, a little... but that's how The Crotch Wizards roll... we're all into the football. You can expect so much more this fall.

Gus, blow me!

susan, thanks!

Q said...

Heather I dated a tight end too. Do those guys know how to put it on you or what!

Cyber D said...

I don't think you and heater are talking about the same thing.

Chillax said...

I like the way that you put the fantasy into fantasy football.

Cyber D said...

I put the BALLS in fantasy football too!

heather said...

q, he did after i trained him lol