Friday, May 19, 2006

Battle Royale - Round 6 Results - The Championship

1) Li Mu Bai VS. 4) Gozer the Gozarian

One might think this final battle comes down to an intricate analysis of strengths, weaknesses, special powers, and other intangibles. One would be wrong. Both The Wudan Master and the Gozarian have strolled through this tournament as if destiny itself were inextricably drawing the two forces together. Li Mu Bai faced each opponent with a stoic and centered nerve that even the most stalwart of warriors would find impressive. Gozer used its most special power to strike fear into the heart of each opponent before using its equally formidable offensive power. It may come as a shock to most fans of the Ghostbusters that each of Gozer's opponents appeared not as what they wanted to see, but as what they feared most. In every case the cause may have been different but the result the same. Some opponents understood the opportunity to choose the form of the oppressor, only they did not have the strength of will to think of anything but their deepest fears. Others did not understand the choice placed before them and lost the opportunity to face a less imposing form. In every case their subconscious betrayed them before they knew what had happened. This was not the case with Master Li Mu Bai. Gozer offered up its gift of choice and Li Mu Bai understood the opportunity set before him. The Wudan master cleared his mind and found his inner stillness. Unlike any other combatant in the tournament Master Li Mu Bai managed to "think of nothing." The Gozarian hissed with anger before drifting out of existence in a wisp of paranormal smoke.

WINNER: Master Li Mu Bai



Looking back now it may not come as a shock that this seasoned warrior would end victorious. I myself had no idea until the final two that Li Mu Bai would emerge the champion. However, few can argue his depth of power, ability, and experience. In retrospect I seriously doubt that a difference in seeding would change the outcome. Master Li Mu Bai truly is the most powerful of all science fiction and fantasy characters!

I'd like to thank all those who took the time to view this little tournament of champions. I'll be taking a short break from the fiction in order to post a few standard fare thoughts but will return shortly with a top 25 list you will not want to miss.

11 comments:

Nate said...

omg! that's it? I wasted a week of my life for an F'ing chop sockey master to take it all?

This blows! You all stink!

p.s. One character is missing: how would Master Bai fare against the most powerful character in all of fantasy/scifi: Agatha Rockwell!

Q said...

Well said Gyuss!

Cyber D said...

F-ing back-stabber, Q! We don't even know this yahoo. Nice to see that friends stick up for each other.

Wait a minute... Agatha Rockwell?

Q said...

Come on Cyber, you have been around all of us we do stink. Also is saying that wasting a week of his life is a bad thing, 'cause if it is I severly f'ed up with the four+ years that I spent in college. I will again show my ignorance, who is Agatha Rockwell? P.S. D you said be supportive, Is it time to unleash my fury?

Nate said...

You don't know who Agatha Rockwell is?

I thought her legend was known far an wide by inbred Texas hicks.

Dagromm said...

Alright, let's have the big reveal. I know Agatha Rockwell. Agatha Rockwell is a good friend of mine...and you sir are no Agatha Rockwell!
I have my suspicions already...Thrud?

Nate said...

Puh-leasse

Thrud is barely worthy enough to chase me around a cave in a free-for-all.

Aunt Eliz said...

Hey, that was pretty enjoyable. Imagine my surprise! Unlike some of your other readers, I'm more about process and less about outcome. Thanks for the entertainment!!

Dagromm said...

Ostrich-man then I presume?

Nate said...

dag! so much for my secret identity

Cyber D said...

Soooo... we meet again, master of the Clan Tabor Drums.