Monday, November 13, 2006

New Boss


For those that read this blog on a regular basis, you will know that with the start of my new job came a little bit of anxiety around the question-mark that is my new boss. Because there was a delay on hiring the executive director of my department, they did not want to wait any longer on hiring the directors, so I was one of three people given offers prior to the arrival of my new boss. Meaning what? Again, for those of you who read this blog, you will know that I haven't had the greatest luck with bosses. Every single boss I have ever had has been fired from the organization where I worked with them. So you can imagine my trepidation when it comes to bosses.

So I start thinking this guy is going to hate me since he wasn't involved in the hiring. Well, that's just my emotions talking. I'll not even bore you with all the details of all the other bizarre nightmares I've worried about as it relates to the new guy.

Long story - short... I met him today and he seams like a nice guy. I mean how much can you really figure out after meeting him for just a few minutes? Only time will tell.

10 comments:

Nate said...

Give it some burn-in time.

I'm the absolutely worst judge of character on first impressions.

Nate said...

...and there's no way you're luck has turned...

Cyber D said...

Thanks, G. Did I mention that I hate you?

Dagromm said...

You just need to impose your will early on. Make sure he knows who the boss is...hold on...yeah that's not good...maybe not the boss thing...but take control. Set the groundwork for your eventual ascension into his position, which is what you really deserved the whole time anyway.

Q said...

I think that kind of thinking is what got rid of his last bosses... Well, that and the alligations.

Cyber D said...

Whatever do you mean?

Nate said...

don't hate the playa! hate the game!

I would suggest hiring a hooker running into your bosses office with a handheld digital camera and popping off some shots while she's sitting on your bosses lap.

That should get you blackmail material enough

Cyber D said...

That is funny. Where was your advice in my last job?

Nate said...

I think with the last one, I told you to let him impregnate your wife with a sandy haired man child.

I thought that would ingratiate him to you and make him into a good boss.

Apparently it didn't turn out that way.

Q said...

Gyuss, I think that CyberD totally misunderstood you on that front. I think he thought you said impregnate his bosses wife.