Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Caught in Bermuda


In case blog-country hasn't figured it out: Dagromm, Q, and I live in and around the same metro-area and we have all been friends for many years now. Dagromm and I knew each other first but after he moved further away, the Q and I began hanging out with even more frequency. Now we all live about one hour's drive distance from each other and our friendships have become largely phone conversations with the occasional lunch get-together.

But an unsettling trend is occurring in this sacred triangle of love. The last few days I have noticed that when I place my daily call into either one of these dear friends their phones always go to voice mail. I then call the other and that phone is goes to voice mail. When I happen to be talking to one, they always have to jump off the phone to take another call and then when I call the other they aren't available to visit. It turns out that the Q and Dagromm are visiting with greater frequency and they have been each ignoring their caller IDs when my call comes through. Of course no one person in the triumvirate is more important than another but as the most important and influential member of the group, I worry for their eternal souls as their friendship drifts away from the moral compass that is me. To make matters worse I have now come to find out that they are planning a weekend tryst together! Of course they both have clumsily invited me to tag along after I unearthed their secret. Can you believe the audacity? I've had it with this love triangle! I'll not play second fiddle to anyone!

My solution: Gyuss, move to our metro-area and become my best friend! Short of that I have recently priced the cost of a stun-gun, a circle-saw, and a trash bag.

11 comments:

Dagromm said...

Q, you're uninvited. (whispers: Sorry, I'm allergic to stun guns)

Dagromm said...

This has gone from the squeeky clean wheel. To the wheel of rage! I think we all know what that means.

Cyber D said...

Pass the bottle opener!

Q said...

Most Definitely...
I totally understand Dagromm (Winks at Dagromm as if to imply something that CyberD doesn't seem to get)

Dagromm said...

No...I think he gets it. Obviously he bought another 40 from the cart girl.

Dagromm said...

(whispers to Q: Cool, so we're still on.)

Q said...

He only bought it after he made her wait and watch him totally rail on us. Did you see him high five her when he got over to the cart. That crazy CyberD...

Cyber D said...

Dagromm, I heard that! Don't think I can't track you down to where you work. Those stun-guns are on sale right now at Wal-Mart.

Q, I didn't rail on you in front of the cart-girl. I kindly asked her to wait while I hit my bad-ass drive, then I respectfully purchased a frosty beverage and sent her on her way. I railed on you guys three holes later for gabbing like little hens.

Nate said...

You all are talking about GOLF?!?

I can't be friends with any of you.

Dagromm said...

Golf and CyberD trying to show off for the cart girl and then getting ripped at 10:00 AM and completely going off on me and the Q for affecting his game.

Nate said...

That is so awesome.

I have got to come down there and play.