Thursday, March 08, 2007

Did you enjoy those daily Blog-Posts? I hope you did! I hope you did very much!

...Because The Wheel will be back to weekly postings (at best). Why a shift in time spent in blog-country, you may ask? Because I am proud to announce the arrival of my second son. My closest friends have already dubbed him Lil' Higgins, so for lack of a better idea and energy to come up with one we'll go with that.

We went to the hospital early morning on March 1st with great anticipation. Eight hours later Lil' Higgins was celebrating his zero birthday! I am happy to say that he is healthy, happy, and already quite the ladies-man as he got the attention of every nurse on the floor. I must admit that we had a great experience with our doctor and the hospital. They really know how to do it up right on the second floor of Plano Medical Center. If you have to be in a hospital I highly recommend the labor and delivery/neonatal/postpartum unit. Everyone is all smiles and giggles.

"Oh what a cute baby!"

"Congratulations, he's precious!"

...et cetera et cetera, infinitum, ad nauseam...

I took Mrs. Cyber and Lil' Higgins home on Saturday. Here is a picture of me (the proud daddy) strolling around with "said-baby."

Since then I have spent the last few days at home helping around the house and mainly taking care of my highly rambunctious 2 year old son, Lil' Magnum (also affectionately named by those same close friends).

But today is my first day back in the office. I came in extra early so I could leave a little early tomorrow and get a jump-start on my sleepless weekend with the family. I'm glad I came in early too because there are bunches of email and voice-mail stacked up in my in-box. Most importantly I needed to update my blog. I do hope it's bloggity enough for you because my new bundle of joy is already kicking my ass in the sleep department and it's going to take almost everything in the tank to do my stinking job for the next few months. That means a little less time on the world-wide-web.

Anywho- please refer all interview requests to the blogment section of this post and I'll check my schedule for the next availability.

Happy Birthday, Son!

17 comments:

Dagromm said...

Why aren't you getting sleep? Did something happen to your wife?

Q said...

Who is doing all the cooking around your house??

Cyber D said...

In all seriousness, my wife is great about the night-shift. She is breastfeeding right now so there isn't much I can really do to help at night. However, we have the baby in the master bedroom and he just developed his lungs so when he cries it wakes me up. I could use the old Dagromm trick and pretend to be asleep but this kid screams so load doing that would just be insulting to my wife. Therefore, as a kind and loving husband I get up, offer to get my wife some ice-water, ask her if she needs anything else and then I crash back to sleep.

Cyber D said...

I mean "screams so loud."

Nate said...

I think you should sleep in shooters muffs

Nate said...

...and I'd like to point out this is not the first time Cyber-D has been awoken by screaming and couldn't get back to sleep.

Remember that dood Hassan who lived across the hall Freshman year? His girlfriend was a howler

Q said...

"Screaming load" you know all about that don't you CyberD. Sodomy!

Cyber D said...

Beads!

Q said...

Scrapbooking!

Nate said...

Knitting!

fringes said...

Probably shouldn't bother installing Site Meter here. You already know who your vistiors are. Dag, Q, Gyuss, Q, Dag, Gyuss, Dag, Q...repeat...

Congrats on Li'l Higgins. Thanks for pitching in at night. This on behalf of moms of newborns everywhere.

Q said...

Good morning, son.
I am a bird
Wearing a brown polyester shirt
You want a coke?
Maybe some fries?
The roast beef combo's only $9.95
It's okay, you don't have to pay
I've got all the change

Everybody knows
It hurts to grow up
And everybody does
It's so weird to be back here
Let me tell you what
The years go on and
We're still fighting it,
we're still fighting it
And you're so much like me
I'm sorry

Good morning, son
In twenty years from now
Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
And I can tell you 'bout today
And how I picked you up and everything changed
It was pain
Sunny days and rain
I knew you'd feel the same things

Q said...

CyberD where are you?

Q said...

CyberD???

Q said...

CyberD???

Q said...

Connect Four!!!!!

DirkStar said...

Nice piece.

I'm going to be a dad in about four more weeks.


Uh, I think there may be something wrong with my eyes...

Could you maybe come have a look?