Thursday, March 22, 2007

Steppin' Out with My Baby!


In the last two weeks I've thought of probably twenty different things that I really wanted to blog about. All of them now escape me save the last... I really need to keep a pocket-note-pad handy.

I've been at home all week this week, mainly playing with my toddler, while my wife tends to baby-duty. This morning I told my wife I would be going into work today. After having my shower and getting my suit on she asked if I could help her by holding the baby while she took a quick shower. My toddler was still asleep and my wife would definitely have her hands full after he woke up, so I decided to hold Lil' Higgins while she showered (to ensured that the chaos of waking children could wait until she was fresh and ready to go).

BIG MISTAKE. No more than five minutes into Diane Sawyer's latest expose on motel criminals did Lil' Higgins piss all over my shirt, tie, and slacks. "Ding-Dong!" I cursed in my newly acquired G-rated languate that I use at home. I was irritated. But it's not his fault. He's just a baby. It's not my fault, I certainly didn't want to wear tee-tee-clothes. It's not my older son's fault... he is still asleep. That rules out everyone but the wife. It must be her fault, right? She didn't see it that way.

Long story-short... I had to add a pair of pants to the drop off at the dry-cleaners.

16 comments:

Nate said...

I had no part in rating the language you use at home.

G-rated language is "shucky darns"

fringes said...

Ye gads, dude, you were just asking to be peed on.

Nate said...

tell me about your uncomfortable-child-neighborhood-story.

Dagromm said...

I can't believe you called your kid a "ding-dong". Way to label the kid early on.

Q said...

Hey CyberD some of us have to pay good money to get urinated on by another man...

Chillax said...

You might want to invest in some of these "diaper" things I've seen ads for on TV.

Nate said...

Nah...after pricing out diapers, Cyber it was cheaper just to cover the whole house in newspapers.

Just like puppies!

Cyber D said...

Gyuss - You know me so well... I think my child-neighbor-story takes up too much space for a blogment. I'll have to blog about it.

fringes - I can't argue with you. I actually thought about it ahead of time saying, wouldn't it be ironic if this kid actually peed on me. I'm sure you can remember that with newborns diapers are hit and miss...

Dags - That's how I roll.

chillax - Welcome to The Wheel. A little known fact about newborns is that (because they are so tiny and diapers don't often fit them properly) if they are at just the right angle their tee-tee will fly right out of the gap in the diaper and all over you!

Q said...

CyberD can't we use the word urine instead of tee-tee we are all adults here.

Cyber D said...

When refering to my children I use the term tee-tee, thank you very much

Chillax said...

Wait, the "tee-tee" is the urine?

Nate said...

That's why you never play Texas Tech.

Cuz they have tee-tee all over their shirts

Dagromm said...

I don't know CyberD. I seem to remember diapers fitting the kids just fine. Are you sure you're getting the right size and not just buying them in a bigger size to make them last longer?

Pokiman said...

I love pokemon! They never pee innappropriately.

Q said...

Pokiman, I don't know if you would fit in with us then. We love neopets and are constantly urinating in non-appropriate situations...

Pokiman said...

I fit in just fine. I fit in like a Russian mail order bride fits into a coke habit. And neopets are for suckas! (Except for the meepits. They are so sad when they're thirsty. Meepit juice break sometimes makes me cry just a little.)