Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is there a shrink in the house?



I had an unfortunate dream last night about Lil' Magnum and a school bully. The weird thing... well there are many weird things, but let me start from the top. First off, Lil' Magnum isn't old enough to go to school and has never been the target of a bully to my knowledge.

I think the source of this dream was when Mrs Cyber told me about her outing yesterday with Lil' Magnum. They went to toddler gymnastics and Lil' M was hit in the face with a hula-hoop by accident. She told me this story right before I went to bed so I guess it got me thinking about all the various encounters my children will be forced to have without me there to protect them.

Back to the dream. In this dream Lil' M is in school but he is still only two and half years old. All the kids are running around having a good time and I'm there talking to his teacher about something. I notice Lil' M running by when this big kid that looked about thirteen years old comes up behind him and whacks him on the back with a baseball bat. Lil' M starts to cry and I run to calm him down. The teacher comes to help and I run over and grab the kid. I start chewing him out like nobodies business, and I come as close to threatening the kid within an inch of his life without actually saying anything that would get me thrown in jail. I then ask the kid how old he is and he says,

"I'm four years old."

It is so startling that I wake up. So what the hell was that about? The only time I ever did something remotely similar was when I caught a teenager trying to kick my wife's cat. He nearly crapped his pants after I got finished with him, but that's a story for another time. I have to say, this dream makes me wonder what I am capable of and if I have it in me to just snap if I believed my child's well-being was in danger.

Not a fun dream all the way around.

13 comments:

Q said...

CyberD, Had you been drinking when you confronted this 4 YEAR OLD BOY in your dream? Did you have anything to drink before you went to sleep? I think this is just your drunken rage talking...

fringes said...

Is this what happens to dreams after marriage?

Dagromm said...

All my dreams died with marriage. Thanks for bringing that up Scooter.

Dagromm said...

CyberD - This reminds me of that girl that you thought "looked 18", except that you couldn't wake up from that encounter. The fact that also happened at an elementary school should have been a tip off.

Nate said...

To be fair, he actually said, "Bet she's legal, but slick her hair back, she looks 15"

heather said...

welcome to parenthood and the seriously fubar dreams that come with it. lol the bully looks about 13 but is ~acting~ about 4. that could be part of it. what amazes and kinda worries me is that even in your dream you held back and didn't physicaly injure the kid. in my dreams i usualy backhand the bullies and beat the crap out of the bully's parents. somehow i think you have nothing to be worried about. i however may need therapy. ;-)

Q said...

Isn't that where the statement 14 is the new 18 came from?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

You totally have it in you to snap if you think your child's well-being is in danger...I was equally surprised by that realization.

Nate said...

What if my inner-child is in danger?

Q said...

I think you are safe Gyuss

Cyber D said...

Q, No drinks that night but good guess.

fringes, apparently so.

Dags, Ditto

Dags, Gyuss, and Q, Back off guys. I thought she was a teacher. She did have a backpack full of school-books.

heather, I myself was a little shocked by my own restraint in the dream. Surprisingly enough, I wonder if I'd show less restraint in real life.

Q, You were the one to come up with that phrase.

Woo-Woo, Welcome to The Wheel and thanks for the comment!

Gyuss, Then I guess you can kick your own ass.

Nate said...

I once knew a guy who could...his own...never mind, he would up the hospital with severely separated vertebrate

heather said...

heya cyber, let mrs cyber know that some strange woman who reads your blog said happy mother's day. ;-)