Monday, June 18, 2007

Greater than the sum of the parts... and the parts are pretty damn good.


Everyone should have friends like these. Quad weekend 2007 was an event to remember. Even Pokiman came up for the festivities and it wouldn't have been the same without him. Each of us brings a unique aspect to the group that is sadly missing when one of us isn't there. How is it possible for five guys, who collectively see each other once a year, to get together and pick up where we left off without skipping a beat?

It really is like slipping back in time to a place where life was much simpler, important things had no meaning, and meaningless things were of paramount importance. I haven't laughed like that in... well... a year! I'll be the first to admit that the weekend was filled with all manner of sophomoric humor, but it is the familiarity with which we deliver our punch lines, react to each other's jokes, and drift on to the next one-liner that is so appealing. I seriously think there were a couple of times that we hardly had to say a word... a simple glance would suffice and we were all falling out of our chairs.

Some may ask if it was anything more than just one big time-waste. I'll tell you that it wouldn't have been the same if it was anything else. Lord knows this isn't Oprah's book club. What I find so fascinating is how our interests continue to mirror each other, even when so many years have passed by. Did we become friends way back then because we were of such similar spirit, or did the friendship of our youth help to mold us into the people we are today? Perhaps it is a little bit of both.

I thought about coming up with a great piece of comedy to capture the essence of this weekend with my friends, but I don't think it would have done justice to how important these guys are to me. So I'll take a moment and risk being serious to simply say that I had a blast with Dagromm, Gyuss, Pokiman, and Q. It was nothing but pure undiluted fun to be together again.

Thanks to Dagromm for hosting the event, to Gyuss for shelling out mad-cash in order to travel great distances, to Pokiman for freeing up his usual weekend work obligations, and to Q for showing up with clothes on.

See you next summer for Quad weekend 2008!

7 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heather said...

Gyuss Baaltar! That's it! *!!stomp!!* We are Soooooo *hair toss* Over!

I simply will ~not~ tolerate anyone bashing Cyber D that way! humph!


Dear Cyber D,
That was the most wonderfully put story of love shared between male friends. Not the sophmoric, gay bashing, locker room humor stuff. Rather the real thing. True friendship is a rare and precious thing. Well done sir, ~very~ well done.

Heather

Tera said...

Very nicely put Cyber D...so aside from the fact that you get a spanking for those photos over at Gyuss' place, I would say job well done.

Heather you crack me the fuc* up!!!

Gyuss, if you can't play nicely, get out of the sandbox!

Cyber D said...

The first blogment was Gyuss claiming my post was very gay. I removed it not because of content but because the double spacing on the use of the word "gay" 32 times was just annoying. Regarding the comment, Gyuss... I wise man once said, "Smoke my pole, dil-hole."

heather, thanks for the props. I was hoping to provide a little "real" insight into what makes us tick. I suppose that terrifies the others far too much.

tera, I'm glad to know that you believe I can actually garner that amount of attention from multiple disease infested hotties, but I must confess this is Gyuss trickery once again. And thankfully so... I'd shoot myself if I looked like that goober.

Nate said...

Edited once again.

*sigh* Yeah, it's amazing to have friends I've know for almost 15 years and still get along with so well.

can I take off this apron now?

Q said...

NO!

Q said...

That apron is pretty sexy on you...