Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter Secrets Revealed!


I'm no Dagromm, but I am a Potter fan. I started late and read the books fairly quickly to play catch up because Dags was gracious enough to let me borrow his copies. Since I've caught up I haven't had the luxury or reading them ASAP.

When the Order of the Phoenix was coming out my mother (also a Potter fan) asked me if I was excited about the next release. I told her yes, but that I probably wouldn't read it for a couple of months. Shocked she asked why. Because my friend can't let me borrow it right away. He must read it and then his son wants to read it. As a surprise my mother purchased me a copy from Amazon and has continued to do so with every subsequent purchase, although since she and I haven't discussed the Deathly Hallows in any way shape or form I just assumed that the gesture would not be repeated by simple virtue of the fact that it wouldn't occur to her.

In typical mom fashion, she doesn't forget her past generosity and I find a copy of the latest release in my mailbox on Saturday. I have only had time to read the first few pages but I'm here to tell you that I had no idea that the Death Eaters would meet at the Malfoy estate. I can't wait to see what other surprises await!

4 comments:

Q said...

What is a Harry Potter?

heather said...

aww, isn't it the best when mom does something like that. :-) no matter how old we get there's nothing like a suprise gift to cheer us.

i won't be reading it anytime soon. i'm on the waiting list at the library. as part of a deal made with j, i don't buy any books and he doesn't buy any video games and we don't buy cd's. instead we've been adding money to a savings account that is earmarked for a downpayment on a house. sometimes that deal really sucks.

Tera said...

We sure have a lot of Pot Heads in our midst...

heather said...

tera, not the first time i've been called a pot head. ;-) lol