Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy Fun Review Time

I tell you what, I sure do love me some blockbuster online. I got a free movie coupon this week and I skipped on over to the local store to check out what was available. I figured, what better time to rent a crappy B-movie than with a free coupon.

As I am a big fan of My Name is Earl, I happened to notice Jamie Pressly on the cover of DOA: Dead or Alive. Being marginally familiar with the video game I assumed there would be some delicious kung-fu action. Then I noticed it was directed by Corey Yuen who did The Transporter. And while The Transporter was a terrible film it had some of the best martial arts I had seen in a long time.

I snatched DOA off the shelf and didn't look back. Perhaps my expectations were very low but I actually really enjoyed it. The movie wasn't half bad, the acting was tolerable, and the fight scenes were REALLY kick-ass. In fact there was so much juicy, hot, kick-boxing, filled goodness, I went ahead and re-watched some of the highlights. My favorite bit being the knock-down drag-out battle between Cristie and Helena in the rain on the beach.

Bottom Line: I give this movie two thumbs, a middle and an index finger way up!

Here's a little taste of what I'm talking about...

7 comments:

Q said...

Dagromm recommended this movie three weeks ago. Why are you such a douche bag?

Cyber D said...

You know I don't read his blog anymore.

Tera said...

Something about a grown ass man skipping just don't seem right!

Nate said...

This may be the greatest movie ever...until the epic Fringes, Q, and I filmed over the weekend comes out.

Steph said...

Wait. The hot chick from Earl is in it? I'm all over that.

Dagromm said...

This movie was good enough that my wife and I have been on the look out for a copy for us to buy. For what it is, it's very well done.
Damn, I love Jaime Presley.

Cyber D said...

tera, men skip stones, skip school, and eat skippy peanut butter. I think skipping is quite manly, thank you very much!

G, I can hardly wait.

steph, I'm all over you being all over that... er... well... um... you know what I mean.

dags, she is indeed a magnificent work of art.