Thursday, October 04, 2007

Insecure - He Is Not


We're potty training Lil' Magnum right now. He just turned three last month and he's doing a really great job. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it's going. The first week was a real struggle because we basically went from diapers to underwear overnight so he had to adjust quickly. But now he's "going potty" on a regular basis and we haven't had an accident in the last ten days.

Of course being in school has helped as well. His teachers are great about helping the kids who are in the middle of potty training. Additionally, the children that are further along in the process are a great influence on those that lag behind. However, I must admit that there is one unexpected side-effect to his being in school with a bunch of other kids who are all in the throws of their own individual potty training.

A few days ago my wife and I took my son to the bathroom because he needed to go "pee-pee". We did the regular routine of lifting the seat and taking off his shorts and underwear. But then the strangest thing happened. He grabbed himself with both hands, aimed for the toilet, let fly, and yelled at the top of his lungs:

"KA-BOOM!"

This completely unnerved my wife but made me laugh out load. His entire future flashed before my eyes and I saw my son standing on a keg in the middle of a college party with a bra on his head yelling those same words before unleashing upon a throng of other students.

I was yanked back to reality by Mrs. Cyber asking me if I had taught him that word. My response was, "No, but I wish I had."

10 comments:

Q said...

Ka-Boom! is much better than what Dagromm yells when he unleashes a golden shower, "Take that you dirty..." I get chills just thinking about it...

fringes said...

Funny post. Gotta love preschool and its influences.

heather said...

he's three cyber! just tell him you taught him that word and he'll believe you. keep telling the story every family get together and it will become family tradition. how on earth did he get to be three years old without you learning to lie to him?

Susan said...

Post like this make me wish I had kids sometimes.

Visits to Walmart bring me back from that quickly.

Dagromm said...

I was alway yelled, "Take that you dirty little..." Oh never mind Q already said it.

Tera said...

Ha! Love it!

Cyber D said...

Q, tell me something I don't know.

fringes, i miss preschool.

heather, not worried about taking credit in his eyes. I do enough to ensure he thinks i'm a god.

susan, good balance, eh?

dags, don't bring back the nightmares.

tera, thanks.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I would definitely have laughed at that, too...how could you not?

Steph said...

lmao! He is gonna be one party animal when he gets older.

Nate said...

Your child's display of alpha territorial marking behavior intimidates me.