Thursday, October 18, 2007

I need a hero!

Okay, so you'll never guess what happened on Tuesday. I walk out of my office on the one year anniversary of my first day at this job and I notice a campus police officer taking a statement from a student who had her car window shattered. Apparently there were some break-ins in the parking lot that my office shares with student parking. Then I notice a strip of metal on the outside of my driver's side door had been pulled out. It was bent and sticking out at an odd angle. It looked as if the hoodlums attempted to break into my car as well.

Luckily they didn't gain entry so I guess I have that going for me, but my deductible on this type of thing is $250 so that sucks. The most shocking thing is that both my car and the student's car had this happen to them in the middle of the afternoon. And this is a very busy parking lot. Lots of students and staff are constantly walking through it to go from one end of campus to the other.

I have to say I kept a surprisingly level head about the whole thing. Maybe it's because I was just thankful to not be the girl with the shattered window. Maybe it's because I hadn't started drinking yet that day. Still, I have to say things like this make you wish for justice. Luckily I came home to find my son ready to spring in to action. After he learned what happened to my vehicle he and the family dog were ready to help. God love 'em.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow.

Tera said...

Lovin' the costume! Now remember Cyber...it's too small for you though ;-)

heather said...

oh how cute! just make sure superman remembers to put on his shoes before leaving the house to fight evil, or he may end up having to answer to his mommy!

Nate said...

I'm glad you're providing him with a proper moral upbringing.

More comic books, less bible!

Dagromm said...

You didn't mention the car to me on the phone! Or maybe you did, but I wasn't really paying attention.
So anyway, about the recent rash of parking lot break-ins where you work, was the girl hot? Dumb question. She was in college. Of course she was hot. Did you comfort her? You know, in THAT way?

heather said...

gee dags, channeling q much today?

Dagromm said...

Heather - No....maybe....I mean is that a sexual reference??? Because if so I'm not answering. A gentleman never does.

Steph said...

Too cute!!

Cyber D said...

susan, thanks.

tera, I already figured that out.

heather, shoes are optional in my house.

gyuss, you got it.

dags, she was a college student. Should I say more?

heather, just channeling man parts.

dags, relax.

steph, I know.