Tuesday, October 16, 2007

365 days and counting...


It was one year ago today that I started my new job at the University. It was a happy time because the old job and old boss was something out of your worst nightmare. The new job and new boss where really ideal and I was excited to begin a new phase in my career. Unfortunately experience has taught me that all good things usually come to an end and the warts begin to show within the first year. I am ecstatic to report that while the University is not perfect, the luster has not worn off of my work and my chain of command still proves to be as fantastic as ever. Of course this doesn't preclude something negative from ever happening... I'm just thrilled it hasn't happened already!

Happy 365 days to me!

9 comments:

NoRegrets said...

I bet my nightmare was worse than your nightmare...

Susan said...

hrmm...happy work day!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, and congrats... It is indeed to find a slice of, if not heaven, then at least a space where you can see heaven or even purgatory.

Nate said...

wow, it's been nine years since I;ve had a bad boss. Love the one you have now and keep him till the coup!

Tera said...

Congratulations!

Q said...

Man I remember that last job you gave me. It felt like it lasted a year...

Dagromm said...

Congratulations on not being miserable!!!!! at work.

heather said...

yay cd! i'm happy for you. being happy at work is the holy grail for our generation. (if you don't mind being lumped in with someone as old as i am that is. lol)

Cyber D said...

noreg, I gree.

susan, thanks.

g, I plan to.

tera, double thanks.

dags, triple thanks.

heather, quad thanks!