Monday, October 15, 2007

New Quarterback - New Life


So I guess it's no secret that The Q and I have been struggling with the whole fantasy football thing this year. In fact, it's been a real bitch. Our first round pick started off a bust and then suffered a multi-week injury. Our second round pick also started off a bust and only now has begun to show signs of life. Our third round pick started off okay but then suffered a multi-week injury. Our fourth round pick started off decently but has just now suffered a multi-week injury. Add onto that four players on our team suffering SEASON ENDING injuries and you can imagine we've been working the waiver wire pretty hard. I'll also throw in the fact that I failed to draft Randy Moss before Q punches me in the nuts by mentioning it for a twenty-fifth F-ing time!

BUT... last week we won and this week we won. In fact this week we won handsomely. Our new QB, replacing one of our QBs with one of those season ending injuries I mentioned, three for three touchdown passes and for more than 200 yards. We still haven't even seen our 1st string running back play this week and we've already sealed up the win by 10 points. Things are looking up! And with our brand spankin' new Arizona Defense, we are ready to rock. Go Cards!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Randy Moss...ahh....West Virginia college boy because he was booted from Florida. It's like a fairy tale...

Q said...

CyberD, I am pretty sure you can't consider Javon Walker starting off decently.
Randy. Effing. Moss.

Nate said...

Hot damn! I won this week too!

and F' Randy Moss!

Cyber D said...

susan, a fairty tale nightmare for the guy who passed on him in the fourth round!

q, Javon secured a couple of solid yardage days. He did okay. And if I hear any more from you, I'm burning that picture of you and me at the Blue Man Group performance.

G, thank you!

Tera said...

Q you're effing whom?

NoRegrets said...

I don't think the top and the bottom work together. She needs to take off one.

Dagromm said...

Nore - I completely agree with you. Is anybody else even paying attention anymore????

Cyber D said...

tera, who is he not effing?

nore, i have it on good authority that Ms. Alba hadn't done her laundry that week.

Dags, you're all about the details, huh?