Monday, February 25, 2008

Long Time No See


In the fall of 1992 I was a young lad venturing forth into the great unknown. I was headed off to college and the only other person I had even spoken with was Gyuss. We were to be freshmen roommates so we had called each other to talk about color patterns for linens and the appropriate scent of potpourri as well as our preference for antiques versus modern furniture. But other than that, I knew not a single soul on campus. Shortly after our arrival on campus Gyuss and I began to make friends.

College is such a great time for friendship - with almost no limitations. I don't think I ever pondered how many people I would be able to keep up with in the long run. You lived in the moment. Looking back there have been some that I wonder about and regret not keeping in better touch. You know those people in your life, don't you? Let's see... like the girl next door that ended up becoming an exotic dancer, the crazy nerd that ended up inventing the ipod, or the whacky dude that always cracked you up with his bizarre yet side-splitting sense of humor.

It just so happens that I've run into that "funny guy" again and he has his own blog... 4 blogs in fact! So go check out Robert's stuff at Too Much Time On My Hands. I don't want to oversell his comedic genius but reading his work was an instant reminder of his off-beat funn-ac-ity... is that a word?

14 comments:

Nate said...

Holey Schnikes!

I've always wondered what happened to this guy. I googled him every once in awhile. Great find!

Cyber D said...

He'd like to hear from you, G.

M. Robert Turnage said...

Dude, you make me blush.

heather said...

he may not like you two for long. i stopped by and liked what i saw. :-)

NoRegrets said...

I want to know what color pattern you chose and what you consider the appropriate scent.

Cyber D said...

Roberto, it's my forte!

heather, don't get too comfortable.

noreg, gyuss and always had very tradtional tastes. That's what made our partnership so great.

Nate said...

I thought what made our partnership great was that you were an identified bottom and I was an identified top.

and we both dressed like GQ covers

Tera said...

Guys actually talk about potpourri?

Susan said...

GQ covers? Wow. I thought the conversation with my freshman roommate arranging the nightly bra and panties pillow fight was important.

Q said...

Susan, OMG that is very important

heather said...

funny, my college roommate and i discussed if we were gonna wait till after dinner to go to the bar or if we were gonna get the security guard to let us raid the kitchen when the bar closed.

it was a nearly nightly decision to make.

might have something to do with why i flunked out...

Susan said...

Q: I thought so too until I read this. Now it seems just run of the mill.

Cyber D said...

G, wasn't that our nickname in collge. "The GQ Brothers"?

Susan, please more info on your bra and panties!

Q, why does that surprise me. Coming from the guy who wears a bra and panties every weekend.

Heather, sadly booze and bad grades are usually connected. Tell that to a couple of guys G, R, and I went to college with. Like Gumby.

Steph said...

He's a funny guy. You three should do a joint blog.