Friday, February 08, 2008

Meandering Conversation

Have you ever had one of those circuitous conversations with a family member? It can be truely bizarre where those discussions can take you. This is a conversation I had with my sister while sitting at my desk during my lunch hour.

Ring Ring Ring

Me: Hello

Sis: Hey, Brother. How are you?

Me: Good, I'm just sitting here havig some lunch and surfing the net.

Sis: Really, what are you surfing?

Me: First off, never ask a man what he's surfing. Second, I'm checking out my old Yahoo Music radio station. I hadn't logged-on in over a year.

Sis: Point taken.

Me: Did you know that you can now watch music videos on Yahoo music?

Sis: No.

Me: Yeah, it's pretty cool. You learn something new everyday. Like take for example that Fergie song, Girls Don't Cry. I had no idea that the star of Heroes plays her boyfriend in the video. That's weird casting isn't it?

Sis: Who's Fergie?

Me: Come on, don't tell me you don't know Fergie. Being a new mom really does isolate you! Do I have to teach you everything?

Sis: Seriously. I don't know.

Me: You know... she used to be a part of the band The Black Eyed Peas. Now she's gone out on her own.

Sis: Oh yeah, she was on Oprah the other day. Actually, I think I may have known about Fergie longer than you.

Me: What do you mean?

Sis: I'll send you a link to YouTube so you can see for yourself.



Me: *Long Pause* Dear Lord... I had no idea...

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh..the flashbacks..they hurt.

Q said...

I think this video is a hoax

NoRegrets said...

What's with all the flashbacks? What with you and G I feel I should go get big ugly glasses and short shorts with leg warmers...
I'd like to see the cannon they were shot out of at the end to make KIDS.

Tera said...

I totally used to watch that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heather said...

i think i was drunk when that show was on.

just checked wiki, it was on from '84 - '93.

yep, i was drunk.

Nate said...

It's so weird because Fergie is a dood!

Cyber D said...

Susan, I know... I so hate the 80's.

Q, in your dreams, bitch!

Noreg, those were the dark days of fashion.

Tera, so did my sister... all the damn time!

heather, that show ran for nine years! I can hardly believe it!

G, now you're just being gross!

heather said...

that the show ran for 9 years or that i was drunk that long?

Nate said...

"never ask a man what he's surfing"

Forget Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. You have summed up the differences between the sexes perfectly

Me said...

Well, I just hope you know ... I hope you know ... that this has nothing to do with you.

It's personal. Myself and I? We've got some straightening out to ... do.

:-D

BTW, adding you to my blogroll now ... met you through Fringes & Q. Hail to a fellow Whovian!