Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slogan



So I've been trying out a new slogan for the year.

"Make it Great in 2008!"

But I'm finding that people feel it is a little over the top and somewhat annoying. I mean don't get me wrong, I love it! It has all the right ingrediants. It's positive, descriptive, and exuberant. What's not to love about it? But perhaps it does smack of sarcasim. Perhaps the world is just too jaded for such a slogan. In fact the last time I issued my slogan was to the check-out girl at my local grocery store. I could sware she rolled her eyes. Imagine the nerve!!!! And you wouldn't believe it but I'm pretty sure my neighbor gave me the finger after I told him to "Please rake your leaves and Make it Great in 2008!"

So it is with mixed emotions that I announce a new annual slogan. I've found something more fitting for the pesimistic and selfish times that we live in.

Enjoy:

6 comments:

Nate said...

I do think it's neat that you flirted with optimism for two weeks of your 34 year miserable existence.

The switch back to a threatening slogan is much more in character for you.

If I remember your slogan in 1992, it was "You'll take it or I'll karate chop you in the neck!"

Susan said...

I love your new slogan.

Dagromm said...

I don't get this post. Please redo.

Nate said...

Dood, are you going to let this newcomer Dagromm rag your blog like that?

heather said...

holy flying fat cat! love it. :-)

Cyber D said...

G, yeah... those were good times.

Susan, I love it too.

Dags, bite it.

G, no shit. I'm going to put my foot down!

Heather, why thanks!