Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Dad

You never know what to expect from children. I was up early this morning with Lil' Higgins and we were watching one of the morning shows on TV. Then, in the middle of his bottle, he sat up and yelled "Pup-pup!" and pointed at the television. I scanned the entertainment center. Perhaps my wife left one of his stuffed puppy-dogs on top of it. No, and there was no puppy on the program. So I carried Lil' Higgins over to where he was pointing. He was pointing at the program and he wasn't saying "Pup-pup". He was saying "Papa" - the term of endearment the kids use for my dad... their granddad.


It happened to be a case of mistaken identity because Diane Sawyer was interviewing none other than Harrison Ford.


That's awesome! So if my dad is Harrison Ford from Indiana Jones, I guess that makes me... Shia Leboeuf... damn it! Wait a minute... I guess I didn't think that out completely.

6 comments:

Nate said...

You are The Poof!

M. Robert Turnage said...

So, Shia, do you think you should hang out with Uma and Keaneau and Oprah and all of those other celebrities who have a collision of vowels for names.

Also, I think your work in 'Holes' - where you played that really big hole - that was totally awesome.

Aaaand finally, what will you do when you inherit the whip?

Tera said...

That is the coolest thing ever! And hey, Shia is kind of cute with that curly hair and all! :)

MrT, you always have such a strange way of looking at things and I love it! For the record, the movie Holes was quite amusing for my family.

NoRegrets said...

Hey, now you can get the hot teenagers you've been seeking!

Susan said...

That's still pretty cool.

heather said...

hey shia, you're 21 and legal now. don't be stupid and pull a river trying to prove you're not a kid anymore. in 25 years you're gonna thank god you look so young.