Monday, June 16, 2008

A giant falls...


I have to apologize. It's been too long since my last post. It's been a busy time in the life of the Cyber family but what happened this weekend has pulled me out of my cocoon. When I heard the news that Tim Russert died of a massive heart attack in his office on Friday I was truly saddened. Perhaps surprisingly saddened. Surprised because you always hear about this celebrity death or that celebrity death. You even hear about those that are taken in their prime. But Mr. Russert's passing was terrible to hear. Perhaps it was because he was the one political news man that I cared to tune in and watch on Sunday mornings. Perhaps it was his professional and unbiased approach to journalism that impressed me. Perhaps it was that intangible quality that you sense in people that tells you they are hard working and family centered. But for whatever reason I am saddened. My heart goes out to the Russert family. I cannot imagine how devastating it must be for them right now. As for the greatest political show on television: Meet The Press... well, I know my disappointment for the loss of a great journalist is shared by many.

5 comments:

NoRegrets said...

I agree.

Tera said...

I am sorry for your loss Cyber. We missed you!

Nate said...

Did they do an autopsy and finally figure out if that's a head, or just a big container for another head hidden inside?

Cyber D said...

G- that, sir is the most callous response... disgusting...

Nate said...

So it turned out to be a pumpkin?