Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lucky Charm for Hire


I'm making it official. I wasn't sure at first. Admittedly, I didn't think it would be fair to the candidates but with these tough economic times I have to think of my family first. That's why I am announcing to the media today that I will make my "lucky charm" services available to the highest bidder between John McCain or Barack Obama.

"What is this nonsense?" You may ask yourself. Please accept these facts as proof of my value.

Fall 1992: While attending college in Texas, maintained Arkansas residency and voted with absentee ballot. Result - Victory for Governor Bill Clinton

Fall 1996: After graduating from college returned to Arkansas to start working full time for small private college. Voted as resident of Arkansas. Result - Victory for President Bill Clinton.

Fall 2000: Having taken new job in 1997 and moved to Texas, voted as a resident of Texas. Result - Victory for Governor George W. Bush.

Fall 2004: Remained in Texas and voted again as a resident of Texas. Result - Victory for President George W. Bush.

I think I make a pretty good case for being the luckiest charm any Presidential hopeful can acquire. Let's start the bidding at $500,000. Winner pays for my moving expenses to either Arizona or Illinois.

4 comments:

M. Robert Turnage said...

So YOU'RE the one I get to blame for the past eight years. ;)

Cyber D said...

Indeed, I am the destroyer of worlds!

Me said...

Wait, so what you're saying is, if you vote in the home state of the candidate, that that candidate will win.

Here I was thinking you actually VOTED for those candidates. Twice each.

Me said...

Can I see the check stub that Obama wrote you?!?


WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!