Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We hold these truths to be self evident...


God Bless America. I usually don't let my emotions get the better of me, but last night I found myself saying God Bless America without even realizing it. I was overcome really... overcome with excitement, overcome with emotion, overcome with pride in our great country. Pride in my country has been in short supply lately, but I am so proud of what we as a people can do when we all work towards a common goal.

To know that our future looks a little bit brighter and that I did my part in helping to ensure that future, fills me with indescribable pride. As I look back on my life, I know that I will remember the night that the United States of America elected its first African American president. I know that it will stand up with only a handful of other history changing moments like the fall of the Berlin Wall. Only this time I can say that I had a hand in realizing this moment.

It is times such as these when you look back at the vision of our founding fathers and you realize that even they could not predict the greatness this country is capable of achieving. This truly is the greatest country in the world and it's time we put back the intelligence, respect, and empowerment that the office of President demands.

Last night all men were created equal at the highest level. God Bless America.

6 comments:

NoRegrets said...

It truly is an amazing event. I'm more impressed that it shows that the individual count. The individuals who make up the nation.

fringes said...

Poor Hank Williams Jr. Back to MNF for him, I guess. The rest of us: excited.

Nate said...

And who made this happen? Who turned the state that sealed the deal?
Say it! Say it!

Cyber D said...

I'm sorry, nate/gyuss. I thought this was America's victory. Apparently it's just yours.

Tera said...

Amen Brother :)

Me said...

Preach it!