Monday, September 18, 2006

Time to get serious!

This weekend I got my fall recording schedule in order. It took about half an hour. I had to add all the new shows that have been marketed over the last summer. Only in the last couple of weeks has TiVo been able to program them into my Season Pass Manager. I then had to resort my priority list and make sure that I stopped recording re-runs of various programing (having now caught up with most shows that I was late to start last season).

The result is a cornucopia of programing that is all at once both exciting and terrifying. Never have I been committed to this much television since I lived alone after college. I'm certain half of the new shows (that I am recording on faith) will turn out to be complete crap... but I'd rather catch them early and dump them then show up late and miss out. But I really don't know how I will keep up with most of it. 75% of the stuff are shows my wife will not want to watch so I'm left with consuming this on nights she is at work and weeknights I feel I can stay up late.

This summer has been great. I've really been able to keep my TiVo pretty clean yet always have a couple of shows in the can ready to be viewed. I know I'm going to get that nervous feeling, worried that the programing is becoming too backlogged. I think it is time to get serious. I'm either going to have to convince the Mrs. to embrace a couple of new shows... or I'm going to have to choose which shows get dropped earlier than usual.

Observe the following in priority order...

Lost
The Office
Battlestar Galactica
Doctor Who Season 2
Dancing with the Stars
The Unit
Stargate Atlantis
House
Stargate SG-1
Sunday NFL Countdown
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Heroes
My Name is Earl
Desperate Housewives
Eureka
The Venture Brothers
NFL Primetime
Smallville
Scrubs
The Simpsons

Where will I find the time?

13 comments:

Nate said...

Yeah, for me, I don't rate my Tivo show in the order of how much I like em. I rate em according to their interference with each other on the schedule.

Q said...

The Unit - ?

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - ?

The Venture Brothers - ?

You will watch this ass but you won't give It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia a chance.

Cyber D said...

Hey, I have it on my list to consider. Like I said, this is a big step for me. I just need a little more convincing... perhaps you should come over to my place tonight and convince me, Q. You're REALLY good at that.

Nate said...

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is freaking awesome. Seinfeld done dark humor. I gotta thank my wife for turning me on to that one.

Nate said...

BTW, I'd also like to pimp the best reality show on TV: The Ultimate Fighter.

All the fun of people sharing a house with no contact with the outside world for three months. And at the end of every episode, two of them try to knock each other unconcious.

Q said...

So it is kind of like making love with CyberD?

Nate said...

knocking one's roommate out with chlorform is different than taking out a guy with a brazilian jujitsu submission hold.


but now that I think about it, they aren't as far apart as you'd think.

Santorum!

Q said...

Sodomy!

Cyber D said...

Why must it always come down to this? (Hangs head in disappointment and shame)

Aunt Eliz said...

Sorry, fellas. Am I interrupting something?

Q said...

Not at all Aunt Eliz feel free to jump in with any sort of comment either on CyberD's post or any one of our numerous relavent comments. And CyberD you started it "I just need a little more convincing... perhaps you should come over to my place tonight and convince me, Q. You're REALLY good at that."

Cyber D said...

Aunt Eliz! It's about time some sophistication and respect returned to this blog!

... and Q, I have no idea what you are talking about!

Nate said...

aha! the return of the Maryland contingent!

Welcome back, Eliz