Friday, September 15, 2006

Why I know Emmitt Smith can dance and why I am not gay for knowing it.


So I have to make a confession. I've been struggling with this for a long time, but I feel the world needs to know that I do - in fact - watch Dancing with the Stars on ABC. Okay. I've admitted it. Let's get the cut-downs in early. I can take it. Let the good times role! Are you finished? Thank you.

Now that I once again have your undivided attention I shall explain why I choose to watch this show. You might say to yourself... his wife makes him watch it. I could use that excuse but I'll not hide behind those lies. Then why spend time watching a dance competition? Watching ballroom dancing is, without a doubt, exceedingly gay! I must protest greatly! Observe the following points.

1) It's a competition: Men love competitive activities. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Deep down if you know the rules most men enjoy any kind of competition ranging from tic-tac-toe to the NFL.

2) The NFL: Did you know Emmitt Smith is one of the contestants? In addition to Emmitt there is a political pundit. Dude, men are into politics! Did you know that the lead from Clash of the Titans movie is in the competition? What man doesn't love Clash of the Titans? And Springer... all men enjoy a good chick fight on Springer. Still not convinced?

3) Eye-Candy: There are really great looking chicks on this show. Of course I'm watching for the talented performances but a lesser man might find the shimmering female form to be quite appealing.

So having said all that, I will tell you that Emmitt Smith can dance. The dude is good. You should check it out.

Peace out.

13 comments:

Q said...

Dude you are so gay! But that partner of his Cheryl, is effing HOT. I do infact love her and have proclaimed it in writing on the message board of her website. Well maybe not her website but someone elses. Okay so maybe it was the wall of the bathroom here at work, but it has been proclaimed. Fine you got me I proclaimed it in my journal, my super gay journal, I hate you.

Nate said...

At this point I would like to confess my addiction to Project Runway, for the exact same reasons.

Q said...

Haha you are both so gay!

Nate said...

Ok, you got me.

I watch Project Runway because Tim Gunn is some man candy.

Q said...

Sodomy!

Cyber D said...

So, Q... do I take it you are familiar with the show or did my new post garner your attention enough to track down Ms. Burke's profile?

Nate said...

Santorum!

Dagromm said...

I watch both Project Runway and Dancing With The Stars. And I have from pretty much the beginning. For me it's the creative process that draws me. I don't like a lot of other "reality" competitions like Survivor or The Apprentice, becasue they lack that very thing. To me having a skill and being able to apply it differently under differing constraints is very neat. It's the same reason I like Iron Chef. I won't say that I watch anything for Emmitt Smith or any athlete. That does not make it more masculine. I do watch for hotties. The first year I was able to get a Kelly Monaco fix, then Stacey Kiebler, this year...I don't know. The other attraction for all of the afformentioned shows is of course the outfits. They are fierce!!! (Snaps fingers in the air)

Cyber D said...

I'm with you Dags. Most of that was tongue and cheek. I certainly didn't plan to watch because of Emmitt. But the dude can cut a rug so I'm keenly interested in how he will perform. I'm a little worried about Willa Ford. I don't think the house-frau's are going to be voting for her.

Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Q said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Q said...

!!!!!
!!?!!
!???!
?????
!!?!!
!!?!!
!!!!!
Why did you delete my last post????? There was not anything in it objectionable, at least not any more than any of the posts above.

Cyber D said...

Dude, I had no idea what he hell that thing was, and I wasn't going to risk not recognizing something vulger!