Monday, April 30, 2007

Embracing Your Inner "D"


It's been just over a year since this blog was birthed. When I decided to give this a try, I really didn't know anybody doing it, except for my sister. I didn't get any creative input from anyone, because who was I going to ask? Like many new endeavours, you sometimes realize that you could have done something better after the fact. The Wheel In Space is actually a re-imagining of my original blog title so no one can accuse the cyberman of not being open to change. Which brings me to the purpose of today's post.

It has taken some time for me to come to grips with a certain fact. At first I just chuckled and considered it a term of endearment. Later on I tolerated it as a nick-name my closest friends would use to annoy me. I have now come to realize that it has gathered a momentum that no one could have imagined and no mere mortal could turn back the tide even if one wanted to. I have my dear friend Q to thank for it's origin, my long-time friend, Dagromm to thank for its propagation, and my infamous friend Gyuss for piling on the bandwagon in typical fashion. Not to mention the fact that it is (for all intents and purposes) a much better avatar than cyberman.

So it is my sobering pleasure to announce that The Wheel in Space is officially acknowledging the use of my new avatar:

cyberD

I will now take questions from the press. Let's start with the editor of the New York Times. Your question, sir?

14 comments:

Nate said...

Whoa! Don't strain yourself with all the blog editing

Pokiman said...

Cyberd? No, I can honestly say I've never been cyberd, nor would I like to be cyberd.

Yeah, I like the way that sounds. Ok, I'm in.

Cyber D said...

G, Everything done at The Wheel is full-throttle, Gyuss. I'd post about a really good dump if I thought you would read about it.

poki, I'll drive down there right now and cyber the hell out of you!

Q said...

A really good dump post. I like it. Can I expect to read it on Tuesday?

heather said...

does this mean you're gonna stick with cyber d as your screen name or will you continue to change it depending on the comment you're making? (which btw i thought was pretty cool) oh and i still have one of my swatch watches too. just don't ask me which box in the attic it's in. ;-)

Cyber D said...

Q, watch what you wish for.

heather, I'll still change my name when I blogment but I can only do that on certain sites. I don't think blogger supports that. Oh and the fact that you went back into my archives to read my earlier stuff is offically embarassing to me!

Dagromm said...

Gyuss, back off! Some of us don't charge people for our blog time like you do. Well never mind, I'm at work now so I guess that technically I am. F!!! Carry on.

fringes said...

Hell if I'm ever changing mine to Scooter.

Cyber D said...

Yeah, but fringes is actually pretty cool so I don't blame you.

Dagromm said...

But Scooter's cool too, right?

heather said...

this post confused me a bit cause i've only ever known you as cyber d. so i had to go back and try to figure out who you used to be. i've only been through the first two posts.

Cyber D said...

Dear Lord in Heaven! Just don't hold my early work against me.

heather said...

as long as you do the same for me. ;-)

Cyber D said...

Deal.