Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Mind of Man

I was chillin' at home last weekend with the wife and kids. After the little ones had been tucked in for a good nights rest this conversation followed:

Mrs Cyber: I'd like to talk to you about what my women's bible study group discussed this week, CyberD.

Me: Sure, sugar. Lay it on me.

Mrs Cyber: Our study leader was reading about the differences between husbands and wives and how men are constantly being stimulated visually. This book said that men have a "visual rolodex" of sexy images playing in their head all day long. Is this true?

*Long Pause*

Me: Could you repeat the question?

Mrs Cyber: It says that men are always picturing an image of a sexy woman in their heads. Perhaps you remember seeing a pretty girl walking down the street or, heard a sexy voice on the radio or admired the nice outfit your administrative assistant wore that week...


Me: Or a favorite hot celebrity from television or film!

Mrs Cyber: Right! Wait a minute...

Me: Never mind that. Why would we have those images playing in our heads?

Mrs Cyber: I don't know I thought you would tell me.

Me: Well, sugar-plum. I can't really speak for other men but I have no idea what your bible study leader is talking about. I mean, how would I get anything done if I was constantly thinking about sexy women all day long?

Mrs Cyber: So you're telling me that you don't have images of pretty girls floating around in your head.

Me: Well, of course we are all bombarded by sexual imagery all day long, be it movies, television, magazine ads, or even the choice of clothes a co-worker wears. But how would I get any work done if I was allowing those images to rattle around in my brain? I mean, what benefit does that serve me? I spend all day pouring over spreadsheets, analyzing data, making calls to prospects, and having very detailed conversations about ongoing projects. I'm not sure I'd be very good at my job if I allowed some woman in a nice skirt to distract me.

Mrs Cyber: Well that's good to hear because I was starting to get really insecure after bible study.

Me: STARTING to get insecure?

Mrs Cyber: What?

Me: Never mind.

19 comments:

Q said...

I am not sure but I think your wife's Bible study leader may be on to something. I am not married though, so my mind might work differently than yours...

Nate said...

Nice save! Blame it on society!

fringes said...

Blame it on bible study.

Cyber D said...

Q, I'm thinking not.

G, Thanks. Dodged a bullet there didn't I?

fringes, No kidding... and what the heck-darn is a bible study doing talking about sex anyway? Shouldn't they be talking about baby Jesus, or turning water into wine or something?

Nate said...

Get her Bible study group to go through 2nd Samuel.

When I was a kid, it was always my go to when I was bored at religious functions. Sex. Cheating husbands and wives. Murder. Chariot chases.

It's seriously better than most of the stuff on TV

heather said...

you do know that you're gonna go to hell for lying to your wife, don't you cyber?? ;-)
btw, don't think that we don't do it too. only our guys are smart, funny, handy around the house, and go away when we tell them to.

Cyber D said...

G, 2nd Samuel eh? Thanks for the tip.

heather, WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN? Lying...! I don't understand you. I think I made myself very clear in the post. I completely disagree with Mrs Cyber's study leader.

Pokiman said...

I avoid all this "all day rolodex" stuff by simply thinking about all of it in a span of about 5 minutes during my morning shower :o

Pokiman said...

Did I mention though, that I do have and all day mental rolodex regarding DEBT? I wish I knew how to get rid of that one...could bible study help?

Dagromm said...

Nice post CyberD. One bit of constructive feedback I would have to make it even better though, bigger pictures. Maybe less words, but if the pictures were bigger the words probably wouldn't distract me so much.

Cyber D said...

Poki, glad to know that strategy is working out for you. Regarding DEBT: Not quite sure what to say. I don't understand this thing you call debt.

Dags, Glad to know my writing is nothing more than a distraction to you. If you really need bigger pics, you CAN click on the image.

heather said...

good grief p-man, just switch to debt in the shower and women for the running rolodex.

Q said...

Heather, that is a great idea I think I will try that myself. That way I can refer to my semi-daily shower activity as "paying the bills". I like "paying the bills", real hard...

Dagromm said...

heather - Unfortunately one is more likely to call you on the phone than the other.

heather said...

doesn't mean you have to worry about it 24/7

heather said...

*q, i prefer to 'pay the bills' with j ;-)*

Cyber D said...

Who's J?

heather said...

*jason, the husband*

Nate said...

*jason my arch enemy!*