Thursday, November 15, 2007

Diagnosis: Dumb Ass


I'm sure you're like me. Worried about the magical, mystical, Q. His site has been down for weeks and I fear it may never return. But it has been a busy November and I haven't had a chance to call the man until just the other day. The following conversation occurred...

(Phone ringing)

Q: Hello (in weak voice)

Me: Hey, Q! How you doing?

Q: Not to well, Cyber D.

Me: Really? What's wrong?

Q: Well, I'm bad sick.

Me: That's terrible, did you catch the flu bug that's been going around?

Q: No, I think I caught the AIDS.

(Long pause)

Me: What??? You're kidding.

Q: No, man. I feel terrible. Like I'm about to die.

Me: So how did this happen?

Q: I don't know, you know how easy it is to spread germs.

Me: Well, not really. You have to have had unprotected sex or shared a dirty drug needle to get AIDS. Have you done that?

Q: Hell no!

Me: Well then I don't think you have AIDS.

Q: Did you go to medical school, Cyber D?

Me: No.

Q: I suppose I should start calling you Doctor Cyber D now, eh?

Me: Don't be foolish, Q. You don't have the AIDS.

Q: I told you I feel like I'm about to die.

Me: What are your symptoms?

Q: The usual. Runny nose, sore throat, fever, aches and pains. But I've taken a Tylenol and I'm feeling a little better. Still, there's no stopping the AIDS. I suppose it's only a matter of time.

Me: So I suppose Q's Corner isn't coming back.

Q: Not unless I can blog from the grave.

Me: You're not dying, Q.

Q: I'm making out my will now.

Me: Really? What am I getting?

Q: A deer carcass.

(Long Pause)

Me: I love venison!

Q: I know!

Me: Especially with A-1 steak sauce.

Q: Who doesn't?

Me: You know me so well...

Q: And you - me, Cyber D.

Me: So you'll have your mom call me for the funeral right? I've got to run to the grocery store.

Q: No problem.

10 comments:

heather said...

i suppose that q, with his generous nature has decided to infect fringes with 'the aids' too.

next time you talk to him tell him to suck it up and take it like a man.

no, wait, he is taking it like a man. i've yet to meet a single guy who can handle a mere cold without acting like it was the end of the world.

Susan said...

I got a decoder ring in the mail thus I've been closely following his illness since they both disappeared.

I like bbq'd venison. yummm

Nate said...

I'm bringing bacon to wrap that venison!

Q said...

Heather, I am pretty sure taking it from a man is what got me in this situation in the first place.

Susan, THYSKFJWASKLDJFDSAPPDSAjkhhhjDhfhd

Gyuss, I wish I was going to be there to enjoy it.

Susan said...

q: 10-4.

Steph said...

You are compassion personified. Hahahaha.

heather said...

'like a man' q, not 'from a man'. good grief...

Cyber D said...

heather, Q is an extra special puss in that regard.

susan, my favorite is hickory smoked!

G, okay... now who's bringing the plastic cups?

Q, quit responding to my guests as if this is your blog. Get your own, douche!

susan, quit respoding to Q as if this was his blog!

steph, they call me Mr. Bojangles!

heather, Q gets that mixed up all the time

Tera said...

Am I supposed to be laughing right now?

Tera said...

Because I am!!!!!!!!!!