Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Report Card

Well, it was one hell of a Thanksgiving. We got off to a rockin' start, making it to the airport with ten whole minutes to spare before our plane boarded. I actually had time to take Lil' Magnum to tinkle before leaving, the only problem is that he ran out of the bathroom without holding my hand and almost got his clock cleaned by one of those lazy person shuttles that drive around the terminal. Damn lazy people! Magnum got a stern talking to for that one.

The flight went rather well with only a few minor outbursts by Lil' Higgins, who (being only 8 months old) didn't understand how to handle the ear pain that comes with pressure changes. After landing, we waiting in baggage claim for an inordinately long amount of time but that was off-set by the fact that I spotted the minor celebrity, Shannon Elizabeth. All in all I give the airport and flight experience an A-.



After arriving at my cousin's pad I began to feel like real donkey crap. Low energy, aches, pains, etc. etc. Up to this point we believed our kids had minor colds but if they gave me something, it was much worse because I came down with a massive fever and spent the next 14 hours in bed trying to rest up for the planned day trip to Disneyland. All in all I give the afternoon of being sick a C+. Sleeping for 14 hours rocked but I felt terrible.

Luckily my illness was either massive dehydration, body fatigue, or a 24 hour flu, because I woke up the next day feeling refreshed and ready for Disney. We took our boys to the park and my oldest had a blast. We had a few hick-ups along the way but overall it was great fun. We didn't get to ride as many rides as we would have liked due to the fact that moving around with a stroller and two little ones just takes time. I give Disneyland a B-.



Thanksgiving Day was a complete beat-down. To be honest the Dallas and Green Bay games were the best part about the day. Had I known about the Indy game I might have given Thursday a better grade, but I missed that game. The food was okay, but the kids were in rare form. They must have been overly tired (from the day before) because Mrs. Cyber and I didn't really get to enjoy much turkey or stuffing. We dealt with bratty behavior all day. Overall I give Turkey Day a D-.

Friday was extra special because my cousin provided tickets to the Broadway musical Wicked! Mrs. Cyber and I hadn't been to a musical in years sot we jumped at the chance to abandon the boys and go out for an adult evening. The musical rocked, although it wasn't the best I had seen and I only feel a little gay confessing this so I give Wicked and Friday an A-.



Finally the trip back was okay... only that we didn't get home until 9pm on Saturday. The boys were trashed and went to be immediately but Mrs. Cyber had to go out and get the dog that night. Overall the flight home went well except for the liter of ginger ale in my lap. I give the travel day a C.

So my total grad for the trip is a C+. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with kids under the age of 4.

Rock me!

10 comments:

Nate said...

Dood! Did you try to get Shannon Elizabeth's phone number?

heather said...

consider yourself rocked. :-)
sounds like overall the trip went pretty well. i'm glad to hear that.

Susan said...

Any time I have a trip that averages a "C" I'm happy. I'm currently ill with I don't know what but 14 hours of sleep sounds wonderful.

Q said...

So who were the other ladies in those pictures that you sent me?

fringes said...

Fun post. Glad you had a good trip!

heather said...

ok, so q and fringes are both still alive. that's good to know.

Tera said...

Cyber, lemme see you put in real words what donkey crap actually feels like.

Q and Fringes...ahhhh! Good thing!

Cyber D said...

Gyuss Baaltar, I so totally landed that number, dude!

heather, it did.

susan, that 14 hours was the best I've had in months... best sleep that is.

Q, you're such a jokester!

fringes, thanks.

heather, consider The Wheel your information resource for all things Q and Fringes related.

tera, well it's sort of a crappy feeling with a mild hint of crap-i-tude.

Steph said...

What bad timing! Glad you felt better quickly though.

Elizabeth said...

Let me just add that the success with which you passed on said illness to your sister and her family....A+

You suck.