Monday, September 29, 2008

Beavers over Trojans!


It was a tale for the ages - The #1 ranked Trojans against the unranked Beavers. Most wouldn't have given those frisky beavers a chance against the mighty power of the Trojan warriors but this is a rivalry that goes back a long time. And like many rivalry games - the statistics get thrown out the window and all bets are off because anything goes!


Yes, the Trojans are a high flying potent offense. They relish penetrating every defensive unit it comes in contact with. This team keeps its eye on the prize and is always looking for the end zone. They score points and lots of them. It would be easy for me to go along with the crowd and predict a victory for the Trojans.

But I also know that the Beaver defense is a tough nut to crack. They are stingy with yardage and teams have to work for every inch of ground they gain. They are merciless in the red zone and will block your attempt to score every time. And while they can play a tough ball game, they also have the talent on their squad to play a coy cat and mouse game, disguising their intentions and then sacking the ball-caller with a trick play.

A classic battle between two titans for the ages. It was a game that could have gone either way. But I had my suspicions that the Beavers will pull it out in the end. I know I preferred the Beavers over the Trojans. How about you?

16 comments:

NoRegrets said...

I prefer trojans, though I'd prefer not to have to use them.

heather said...

i am a beaver though i have a healthy respect for the trojans. ;)

part of me is a little bit worried though that these are real teams. another part is suspicious that you're leading up to telling us that mrs cyber has decided to try to even the odds a bit and see if you two can't come up with a girl this time. :)

Me said...

That's hot.
Wait ... which of you quad had the vasectomy?

M. Robert Turnage said...

I can't wait until the follow-up post where you discuss celebrating in the end zone.

Q said...

I hate Trojans! But that is kind of obvious...

Cyber D said...

Nore, I hear ya... that's why my offensive unit had their "wings clipped" last spring.

Heather, No chance of that... see my comment to Nore.

Alan, actually 3 out of the 4 have had it - me being one.

Roberto, My favorite is the gesticulating giant. A classic celebration!

Me said...

WORK that thang, Q! Sexy baby-making bastard! WOOO!

Me said...

Cyber D, now ... ummmm, which of you have not had it? Hmmmmmm. Which one? Which ... one...?

Damn! I can't figure it out!!

:p

Cyber D said...

Alan... I think Q outed himself.

Nate said...

Alan, the question really has answered itself.

Me said...

NATE!!! I'm dying without the chance to talk to you!!!

Yes, I concur UncleD, Uncle Nate, and Uncle Dagromm.

Nate, you betta have yo narrow ass back on time for the christening. Wait, you're probably closer on the map to him than anyone.

Susan said...

With the life I lead I think it's obvious which I prefer.

heather said...

how did i manage to forget that you'd been clipped? hmmm

Tera said...

I totally thought you were going to talk about sex toys and condoms in this post.

NoRegrets said...

Tera, he did.

Cyber D said...

Susan... Oregan?

Heather, God knows I haven't forgotten!

tera, ...ummmmmm...

Nore, whatever do you mean?