Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I love my TV


I love my new TV. I still love it even though I had to send it in for repairs recently. It's one of the more expensive pieces of property I own in my home. It requires tender loving care and no small amount of respect. Because Lord knows, she returns that show of love and respect in kind with hours of sweet delicious high-definition goodness.

But I am beginning to fear that I may be losing perspective. Last night I was sitting in my living room basking in her warm glow when my wife came over and sat down next to me.

"What's on TV?" she asked me.

My response was, "Dust."

I was lucky to get out with only one black eye.

4 comments:

M. Robert Turnage said...

Keep writing about your television and I will magically become that guy who keeps inviting himself over and watching stuff on your system. Because I have a PS3 and want to watch hi-def movies on a good TV. And play Rock Band on a good TV. And rub down a good TV with my lil' white behind so I can absorb its magical plasma.

NoRegrets said...

MRT - lol. Are you implying that Mrs. D should rub off the dust with her white behind?

Dagromm said...

I guess that's why I'm never invited over any more. You're being protective of your new TV.

Tera said...

Whatever happened to plain old TV's, you know the ones which collect dust ALONG WITH the entertainment center or TV stand on which it sits...the ones which you don't have to mount to the wall...the ones which still cost in the hundreds instead of the thousands of dollars? Wait...what was this post about? Shit I forgot my original comment...I think it was somewhere along the lines of what is all this talk of wiping TV's with behinds?

Oh sheesh...I need to go to bed!