Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Chance Encounter with The Dick


I was in the campus bookstore with about eight coworkers when I noticed a famous former NFL star browsing the sweatshirts. Now you have to understand, I'm not one of those lucky types that always has a funny story about this famous person I saw at the airport or that famous person I bumped into at the coffee shop. I worked in LA for THREE MONTHS and never even saw a single famous person!

So you can imagine my giddy surprise of seeing another former NFL player after having met Roger Staubach a little over one year ago! This time it was none other than Eric Dickerson. What was so funny was that the four men in my group of coworkers were like moths to a flame. We drifted over in his direction almost immediately while the four ladies in the room were still focusing on the best cut of t-shirt and if the store had it in pink or baby-blue.

Us boys were later chided for paying homage to one of football's greats. I simply replied that my shameless pandering was not for me but for the bragging rights amongst my social circles... of which this blog is one!

So yeah, the encounter itself was awesome. I even managed to make him laugh by suggesting that he needed to put on a uniform and play for his former college team.

Good times... good times.

7 comments:

Susan said...

I met the woman who was the chief (Lynne Thigpen)on the pbs show "where in the world is carmen san diego"...That's my claim to fame. She was also a judge on law & order before she died but yeah..She had #1 in my heart off C.S.D.

NoRegrets said...

What size sweatshirt did he wear? Was he looking at the pink ones?

I lived in LA for a year and a half, and the only famous person I ran into was in the hallway of A&M records - none other than Bruce Springsteen! He said hi, I said hi, and ran upstairs to babble about seeing him.

Tera said...

OF COURSE I stopped at the title...currently waiting and wishing!

Nate said...

I'm on Barack Obama's Linked in connections...

-Papa said...

You should have asked him to tackle you.

-Papa said...

Have you seen these "FemTroopers"?

Steph said...

Awww you have a man crush. how cute.